By registering, using or subscribing to the Services, you confirm that you have read and consented to the following:
(1) the collection of your personal information as outlined and explained in this Policy;
(2) the processing of your personal information as outlined and explained in this Policy;
(3) the sharing of personal information with third parties as outlined and explained in this policy;
(5) the use of your personal information to send you notifications, promotions, and advertising by email, SMS or MMS text message, or in accordance with this Policy;
(6) the collection and use of location information;
(7) the sharing of personal information with third parties for fraud detection and prevention services; and
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following information from you:
- 1. Registration Information. When you register, use or subscribe to any of our Services or take part in any features offered by Ureka, we may collect a variety of information. We may collect contact information that includes, but not limited to, your name, username, password, email address, phone number, and correspondence or billing address.
- 2. Payment Information. When you register, use or subscribe to any of our Services or take part in any features offered by Ureka, we may collect payment information, which includes, but not limited to, credit or debit card information, bank account information, billing address, or information related to payment from a third-party service provider.
- 3. Other Information. When you register, use or subscribe to any of our Services or take part in any features offered by Ureka, we may collect a variety of personal information for the user dating profiles that include, but not limited to, the following: birth date, photographs, videos, demographic information, place of work or school, your personal interests, hobbies and background, gender, age, dating gender preference, physical characteristics, personality type, ethnicity, religion, political views, geographical location (including GPS), what type of relationship you are looking for, and any other information you share with the Services. We may also receive information about your from other users.
- 4. Use of Services. We may collect information about your use of the Services. This may include such information as the pages and profiles you view, how you browse the Services, the use of various functions and features offered by Ureka, messengers, the connections you make, the online dating websites you visit and the features you use on those websites, other friends or contacts you invite to use the Services, information on the type of profiles you create while using the Service and the types of profiles you search on this Service or other online dating websites.
- 5. Information from Content You Upload. When you upload photos, videos or other content to the Services, we may collect information about the content, such as the time, date and place the photo or content was taken or uploaded (also known as metadata), and how you use them, who views them or with whom you share.
- 6. Information Automatically Collected. When you access our Services, we automatically record information from your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, platform type, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, date and time stamp and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. When you access our Services using a mobile device, we may also receive or collect identification numbers associated with your device such as unique ID, IDFA, Google AdID, mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, email address, other apps that you have downloaded, and, if you have enabled features and functions of the Services that use your device's location, your geographical location data (including GPS). We also collect information about your usage of, and activity on, our Services. Also, some of the information we collect, for example, an IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a device's location. We may work with third parties to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices so that we understand how you use our Services across various devices.
- 8. Your Communication with Us and Other Users. We collect communications you send to us (such as emails), comments that you post on the pages we have on a third-party service, such as our YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram pages and messages you send us directly through those services. We may also collect any comments, photos, messages or other content or communications you and other users share on the Services.
- 9. Third-Party Social Networking Sites. When you have enabled the use of our Services through a third-party social networking or similar site or mobile or other application (A "Social Networking Site") or connect or link our Services to a Social Networking Site, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, you permit Ureka to access and use certain information about you that is made available to Ureka through or from that Social Networking Site. The information obtained by Ureka varies by Social Networking Site, but can include such information as your name, profile picture, public profile, network, gender, username, user ID, age range or birthday, place of work, place of education, relationship interests, and other information such as information about Facebook friends, Google+ friends, Instagram and Twitter followers, you might share in common with other members of the Services. By using or linking our Services through or with a Social Networking Site, you are authorizing Ureka to collect, store, retain and use, in accordance with this Policy, any and all of your information that Ureka has obtained from the Social Networking Site, including to create a Ureka account and profile. Ureka may also post information to your Social Networking Site in accordance with your privacy settings. Your agreement to the foregoing takes place when you "accept" or "allow" or "go to" (or other similar terms, such as tapping "Okay") our application from a Social Networking Site (such as by tapping "Sign up with Facebook" or "Log in with Facebook" or "Sign up with Gmail" or "Log in with Gmail" on the Services), when you otherwise connect or link your Social Networking Site to our Services, or the transfer of information to Ureka from such site. If there is information about your "friends" or people you are associated with in your Social Networking Site account, the information we obtain about those persons may also depend on the privacy settings such people have with the applicable Social Networking Site. You acknowledge and agree that Ureka is not responsible for, and has no control over, any applicable privacy settings on any Social Networking Sites (including any settings related to any messages or advertisements about Ureka that the Social Networking Site (including any settings related to any messages or advertisements about Ureka that the Social Networking Site may send to you or your friends). You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on Social Networking Sites before getting or using applications such as ours or linking or connecting your Social Networking Site account to the Services.
- 10. Location Data. When you have enabled geographical location-based or GPS services on your devices on your device in relation to a Ureka mobile app or any of Ureka's features or services that use geographical location-based or GPS information, we will collect information about y our geographical location or GPS position on the location of the device you are using to access our Services.
- 11. Information Provided by Others. We may be provided with information relating to you or your conduct on the Services by other users of the Services. We also collect information that third-party organizations may provide to us, such as contact details, demographic information, Internet navigation details, credit references or fraud prevention information. Financial institutions or payment processors may also provide us updated payment information or payment methods related to your paid account or paid subscription and services.
- 13. Address Book. We may also offer you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter email addresses so that you can (i) locate your contacts on the Services or other products or services offered by Ureka; or (ii) invite your contacts to join on the Services or other products or services offered by Ureka. When we invite your friends to join the Services, we may include your name, photo, or other information to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending those invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We will store those contacts for purposes of alerting you when your contacts join the Services or other products or services offered by Ureka at a later time, so that you may connect with them on Ureka, and to suggest friends and connections to other members of the Services or other products or services offered by Ureka.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Subject to the controls and preferences you may set with respect to certain types of information and communications, as described herein, your information may be used for various purposes, which may include the following:
1. Provide the Services. We may use the information we collect from you to administer and maintain your Ureka account and the profiles you create using the Service, and to enable you to use the Service as intended by Ureka and the user.
- 2. Analyze and Develop Our Products and Services. We may use the information we collect from you to develop, deliver, measure, monitor, analyze and improve our Services or other products or services offered by Ureka and develop new products and services.
- 3. Communicate With You. We may use the information we collect from you to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service, to provide any messaging or communications associated with the functions and features of the Service (including by email, SMS or MMS text messages), to keep you posted on our latest product or service announcements or updates, software updates, security alerts and any technical notices, to provide you with confirmation of purchases, invoices, support and administrative messages or notice about changes to our terms, conditions or policies. We will use your Contact Information when we communicate with you. Where it is relevant to the issues we are contacting you about we may use any other category of information as described in this Policy.
- 6. Geographical or GPS location-based services. We may use the information we collect from you to provide features of the Services that may be relevant to you and your geographical location or GPS information, such as Services provided through our mobile apps that may allow users to see more information about each other, for example, places visited or other points of interests seen; you should always check the location-based settings on both your device and on the Services to manage such services. This service may also perform other functions as may otherwise be described to you at the time of collection or as enabled by you in relation to our Services or other products or services offered by Ureka. This service may also link or combine information about you with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information on your profile is viewable by other users or visitors to our Services, and may also be viewable through public search or on third-party sites that you use. We do not control who reads the information you share or what others may do with this information, so we encourage you to use discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Also, when sharing information about others please consider their safety and privacy and get their consent for that sharing.
Additionally, we may share information with third parties as follows:
- 1. With third party vendors, consultants, advertising partners, and other service providers, that perform services on our behalf, which may include but is not limited to, identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing fraud detection services, processing payments, providing chargeback representation services or providing analytics or attribution services;
- 2. With our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, when running a contest, advertising or promotion;
- 4. In connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy, dissolution, divestiture or any related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others that is not personal information, or that is an aggregated or anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual or is provided in hashed, non-human readable form.
For further information on your marketing and advertising options see the "Marketing Choices" section below. Note that the term "third party" does not include companies in the same group of companies as Ureka, which includes our subsidiaries (that is, any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (that is, any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries that our holding company owns. Unless otherwise indicated, these companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
By registering, using or subscribing to our services, you consent to receive email messages from us. You can opt out of receiving certain messages from us by visiting the "settings" page of your account or by clicking the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link on these email communications from Ureka. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices or purchase confirmations, or our ongoing business activities in order to provide the Services to you. If you consent to receive SMS or MMS text messages, we may communicate with you via text.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the ability to access and edit your personal information through the account management system, which is found on the "Settings" section of your account. Your personal information is based on the information you provide or that is available from the Social Networking Sites that you have connected to the Services. It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information and to keep such information up to date. We are not responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or you fail to update such information. We will reject and delete any entry that we believe in good faith to be false, fraudulent or inconsistent with this Policy.
Please be advised that if you change information in your account or otherwise opt out of receiving communications, this will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
TRANSFER AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in the United States of America and other countries. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. or any other country in which Ureka or its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities, and the use and disclosure of information about you as described in this Policy.
Ureka will take reasonable measures to help protect your information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction and to treat it in accordance with this Policy. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. While no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. We also limit access to the Services by our own employees, contractors, service providers and those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information. We request that our third party contractors and service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality as those followed by Ureka. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions of private communications despite our efforts to prevent the same, and we therefore make no guarantees regarding the security of user information. We urge you to keep your personal information safe (including your account password). Please see the United States Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identify theft.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY AND AGE RESTRICTIONS
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options such as your right to opt out or opt in for use of your personal information by third parties (such as advertisers) for marketing purposes. Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that have received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year. If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to our Privacy Administrator. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to "Your California Privacy Rights", include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Ureka recognizes the need to adequately protect the privacy of all if its users, especially children. You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Website. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
The Services are not intended for or directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Please visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec08.shtm for information from the Federal Trade Commission about protecting children's privacy online. COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act): We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
When you have provided consent and/or to the extent permitted by applicable privacy or data protection laws, your personal information may be transferred to, stored, processed and/or used by Ureka on servers in the United States and/or the locations and servers of any Ureka affiliate and/or service provider that transfers, stores, processes or uses personal information on Ureka's behalf. When this involves transferring your personal information from the European Economic Area to areas outside the European Economic Area, Ureka will seek to provide an adequate level of data protection according to EU standards. If you access the Services in any country outside the European Union, the data controller is Ureka.
FRAUD PREVENTION SERVICES
We may share your personal information, including payment transactions and activities on Ureka, with third party partners for security and fraud prevention purposes.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions about this Policy or the Services offered by Ureka, please contact:
21781 Ventura Blvd., #1040
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
OTHER INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, e-mail address, etc.) in the discussion forums or other public areas on this website, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Any submissions to chat rooms or other public areas on this website are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to all third parties. If you do not want your comments to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any submissions. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
This document is the sole statement of this Policy and no summary, restatement or other version thereof, or other privacy statement or policy, in any form, including, without limitation, machine-generated, is valid.
© 2019 UREKA LLC, a California Business. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED